Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Top Ten Vampire Films #2

BLACULA!
Blacula, oh Blacula.. How do I love thee let me "count" the ways.. Since my list is simply personal favorites rather than 'most important to the genre' etc. I feel perfectly fine putting Dracula's Soul Brother at #2. With Blacula you have all the great fun of an early 70's Yorga-type blue vamps against a very "Sanford and Son" (my favorite all time show) setting. In fact there is probably no less than five Sanford regulars that appear in the film.. Finally, this one really delivers in the scary scene dept. A female vamp, awaking on the autopsy table to chase a white dude down the corridor is one of the freakiest, most frightening sequences in all of horror! Scream Blacula Scream is an admirable sequel as well. Do yourself a favor and watch this after midnight!
Honorable Mention: Dracula vs. Frankenstein

Check out Dr. Gangrene's #2

"Not until you use some depilatory powder, Count.."



No comments:

Post a Comment